- Phantom (n) A folklore character; a very tall, misty white figure who stands at crossroads, and traps those who pass between his legs.
- Then there were phantom – the headless spectre with extremely long legs that grip his victims in a death squeeze (Ahye 1983:45).
- Even our mighty phantoms have found themselves confused with the old character from the comic strips (Araujo 1984:43).
https://triniinxisle.com/2018/08/06/origins-early-life/">childhttps://triniinxisle.com/2018/08/09/trini-folklore-papa-bois/">Papa Boishttps://triniinxisle.com/2018/08/08/trini-folklore-soucouyant/">Soucouyanthttps://triniinxisle.com/2018/08/10/trini-folklore-douen/">Douenhttps://triniinxisle.com/2018/08/07/trini-folklore-la-jabless/">La Jablesshttps://triniinxisle.com/2018/08/12/trini-folklore-mama-dleau/">Mama De Leauhttps://triniinxisle.com/2018/08/11/trini-folklore-loup-garou/">Lagahou
Leave us a comment below of Trini phrases you have heard.
- Source: Dictionary of the English/Creole of Trinidad & Tobago by Lise Winer.
- Featured Image by the sultan-