- Phantom (n) A folklore character; a very tall, misty white figure who stands at crossroads, and traps those who pass between his legs.
- Then there were phantom – the headless spectre with extremely long legs that grip his victims in a death squeeze (Ahye 1983:45).
- Even our mighty phantoms have found themselves confused with the old
mascharacter from the comic strips (Araujo 1984:43).
Buck (n) an aboriginal Indian native of Guyana. A Guyana Amerindian locally generally refers to the Guarahoon tribe, living in Venezuela, and sometimes Guyana. (English buck ‘a man, applied to native Indians of South America’ probably Dutch bok ‘he-goat’) Warahoon.
- Jorts, jhorts, draughts (n): Food, especially snacks or refreshments.
- If you see, endless jorts.
- Right in front of his place, he has the big lawn tennis court where prospective clients or investors could talk it over…cuffing down their liquor and small jorts.
On the road again this week for 🧳, the standard round trip between Baltimore and Long Island. As I have wrinkled, the modernity of travel has depreciated quite a bit.
Gargamel also known as Mark Anthony Myrie was released from United States prison and finally returned to Jamaica on December 7th. The sounds of Gargamel filled my two speaker tape deck during my college years driving the University of Maryland Shuttle Bus at the University of Maryland College Park. “Have mercy…hear wah happen”